Following the implementation of the new Department of Education Parent Payments Policy at the beginning of 2022, Yarrawonga College will no longer create charges for what was previously labelled ‘Curriculum Support Levy’.
Yarrawonga College provides free education for all students and there is no charge for any curriculum related expenses to enable your child to access the highest possible learning outcomes.
Students at YCP12 enjoy a wide range of extra-curricular activities which include Cultural Activities (incursions), Excursions, Camps and a variety of Sporting Activities and we require families to contribute to the costs of these activities, which are designed to enhance your child’s learning experience, to ensure we can continue to provide these programs.
Prior to the event, parents will be informed of the extra-curricular activities (eg. camps, excursions, sports day, incursions) that incur a cost and require payment.
Parent Payment Options Available (prior to extra-curricular events):
- Event payment through Compass
- Cash or EFTPOS at the P-8 Administration Building, Gilmore Street, or 9-12 Administration Building, Pinniger St.
- Electronic Banking via BPAY or Funds Transfer
Direct Entry Details: BSB: 063 537 Account Number: 101 388 33
(Please quote your individual reference number from your Family Financial Statement or obtain by contacting the office on 03 5744 1751)
- Centrepay deductions direct from your Centrelink payment
- Camps, Sports and Excursions Fund (CSEF) for eligible students to attend school camps, excursions, and sports and outdoor education programs https://www.vic.gov.au/camps-sports-and-excursions-fund. See the administration staff at the P-8 or 9-12 offices for further information on applying for CSEF.
Financial help for families
We aim for all our students to experience the extra-curricular events that our school offers but we appreciate that families may sometimes experience financial difficulties in meeting requests for payments and contributions towards activities.
Families experiencing financial difficulty are welcome to discuss possible support options and flexible payment arrangements. The Business Manager will give due consideration to hardship arrangements in respect to payment requests for families experiencing long term hardship or short-term crisis on a case-by-case basis.
For a confidential discussion about accessing these services, or if you would like to discuss alternative payment arrangements, contact: Vicki Ramsdale, Business Manager 03 5744 1751 email@example.com
For further information please see the Department of Education’s Parent Payments Policy