Well, a lot has happened over the Winter break, the Victorian cases of Coronavirus have increased above what our numbers were at the height of the Australia wide crisis back in late March. This has obviously led to a number of restrictions being re-introduced in the Metropolitan areas of Melbourne and the Mitchell Shire. New South Wales is concerned that our growing number of cases could impact them and as a result have shut the Victoria/New South Wales border. Fortunately for all of us in Yarrawonga, Moira Shire has not experienced the cases that other areas have. Hopefully this stays the same after the many visitors to our town over the holiday period.
School life for Yarrawonga College P-12 will not change much from the end of Term 2. We still need to restrict people other than students from entering the college sites of Gilmore Street and Pinniger Street, follow hygiene protocols, extra cleaning and adult social distancing. I have listed some dot points below to help families understand what the rules are, please take these rules seriously;
- Students from all Year levels return to school on Monday 13th
- Students, parents and staff who reside in New South Wales require a Border Exemption Permit, even bus travellers.
- Students will not be learning from home unless things change during Term 3.
- The college will not be staggering pick up times for any year levels, Gilmore Street is now complete and there are plenty of parks.
- Parents are to remain in their vehicles when dropping off and picking up students from school.
- If a parent needs to enter the school grounds they should make an appointment through the school office (57441751).
- Adults on site will be required to social distance as much as possible.
- Students and adults on site will be encouraged to constantly wash their hands.
- Students are not required to social distance whilst at school.
- Students must not share food or drinks.
- Students should bring a drink bottle, the drinking fountains will not be available, re-filling taps are provided.
- At this stage Breakfast programs across the college will be suspended until further notice.
- The canteen will be open for students to access.
- The college will continue to employ 3 cleaners to clean high touch/high traffic areas.
- Playgrounds will be disinfected at the beginning of every day.
- If a student or staff member isn’t well, they must stay at home.
- If a staff member notices that a student is unwell, parents will be called to pick up their child from school.
- Out of School Hours Care Program will be operating in Term 3, unless circumstances change.
- Playgroup will not occur at this stage, until restrictions are relaxed further.
Thank-you for your ongoing cooperation and understanding during these challenging times.