8 – 12 Gilmore Street, Yarrawonga
Office Hours:  8.30am – 4.30pm
PO Box 39, Yarrawonga  VIC 3730
Ph: 03 5744 1751email

Close this search box.


“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato


Music has the capacity to engage, inspire and enrich all students, exciting the imagination and encouraging students to reach their creative and expressive potential. Skills and techniques developed through participation in music learning allow students to manipulate, express and share sound as listeners, composers and performers. Choosing to study and perform Music is a great way to build confidence and resilience.

All students in Year 7 have the opportunity to learn Music and from Year 8 and beyond can choose Music as an elective.

Students learn about musical elements, music technology, performing with an instrument and a group, music history and appreciation. On this journey they learn about many different styles, music production, composition, and performance techniques.

Secondary Students at Yarrawonga College have opportunities to perform at assemblies, awards nights, school functions and within the local community and if the thought of joining a band is enticing to them, we offer a Junior School Rock Band | Senior School Rock Band | Vocal Groups |VET Ensembles. Students can also form their own bands or perform as a soloist!

Senior Pathways

Students in Year 11 and 12 can choose to undertake a CUA30920 Certificate III in Music (Performance) as part of VCE (including the new VM option). This course is delivered over 2 years in partnership with The College of Sound and Music Production (COSAMP – RTO 41549). This course helps to build the necessary skills to pursue further tertiary studies, start a career or a maintain a hobby in the Music Industry.

Students are enrolled with COSAMP (RTO 41549) for this qualification and, upon satisfactory completion of all Units of this course, a student may attain a national qualification. Where a student meets the requirements of some Units, a Statement of Attainment may be awarded.